Times have changed.
So must our business practices.
Brought to you by:
ReBound, Recover & Beyond for the Hair & Beauty Sector
The impact of COVID-19 on what was a vibrant and booming industry has seen widespread business closures of all hairdressers, barbers, beauty salons, etc since March 15th. On Friday 19th June the reopening date of 29th of June was confirmed by our Taoiseach.
COVID-19 has caused wide spread industry destruction, however it has also presented an opportunity to press the pause button and redefine how the industry reactivates their businesses. Hairdressing, barbering and beauty services are no longer taken for granted and the reputation of the industry as an important service has risen significantly in the consumer’s mind.
That said, as our industry reopens and we return to the workplace, we will have to adjust to adopt the practical changes necessary to prevent the spread of COVID-19. There is much work to be done.
Hair and Beauty Industry Tailored Programme
Working alongside HABIC Ireland, Image Skillnet has created a programme that will assist you, the business owner/manager, as you prepare to reopen and return to work. Through the Skillnet Ireland ReBound initiative, we have created a programme of free specialist webinar training, e-learning, virtual classrooms and one-to-one support sessions. This sector specific programme will help businesses navigate the practical application of the Return to Work Safely protocol and the guidance given by the HSA, HSE and beyond.
With NO time to lose, the Programme begins as soon as you register and begins with a focus on Health & Safety. The ReBound, Recover and Beyond programme, created specifically for the Hair and Beauty Industry will roll out until September.
This programme provides a tool kit and templates to each participant as it focuses on how you, the business owner/manger, will practically apply, manage and lead your teams as we move forward into our new norm.
The programme will be delivered by the following leading experts:
- Health and Safety/Risk Assessment Training with Carmel Connaire, Glantar.
- HR Training with The HR Suite.
- Finance/ Continuity planning/Management and Communication – Alan Austin-Smith, The Fantastic Hairdresser.
The Programme content includes:
- Planning and preparing for reopening and beyond
- Risk assessment and method statements
- Standard operational procedures (SOP’s)
- Managing the client journey including vulnerable and elderly clients
- New salon environment- managing social distance in the workplace
- Application of control measures across the business, employees and client journey
- Response planning for COVID-19 outbreak
- Understanding and knowing your numbers
- Financial planning and forecasting, KPIs and ratios
- Building a continuity plan and understanding potential scenarios that may happen and actions required (e.g. second wave, confirmed case of COVID within staff)
- Human resource management (behaviour issues, vulnerable staff members, childcare issues)
- GDPR – (Contact logging, COVID-19 screening, temperature recording)
- Managing and leading workers in a pandemic (worker representatives, etc.)
- Managing anxiety and coaching in the workplace
- Engagement – the new norm for workers and clients
- Communication and marketing strategy and plans