- VTCT/ITEC Level 4 Cert in Education & Training *Online*
February 28, 2021 - March 31, 2021
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
By Bronwyn Conroy.
Starting February 2021.
1 Sunday per month over 7 months.
10am – 4pm.
1 extra day may be required subject to the VTCT Assessor’s availability – this will be agreed with the group.
All virtual classes through Zoom.
Along with 30 hours of Teaching Observation and Teaching Practice in Bronwyn Conroy’s School in Cork or Dublin, or at a VEC/college local to you. This can also be completed through Zoom.
Image Skillnet member price: €1857
Full price for non-Image Skillnet members: €2615
Attendees must be qualified and practicing for a minimum of 5 years. This course is especially suited to qualified Beauty Therapists, Nail Technicians, Make-Up Artists and Beauticians who wish to start a career as a Tutor or Teacher. Prospective candidates must phone the school to speak with Anna, to ensure that they are fully aware of what is involved, and fully committed to completing the course.
This course will commence on February 28th with a full day of induction. A text book will be supplied by post, and all other material will be sent by email. Access to a laptop with camera, and a printer is required throughout the course. IT skills are essential to not only participate on this course, but also to become a Professional Teacher.
The main aim of the VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training is to prepare trainee teachers to teach in a wide range of contexts. It requires observation and assessment of practice. The level of work required is comparable with the first year of a Degree Course in University. Between 15,000 – 20,000 words are required in the first assignment. 90% attendance is also compulsory for the course (only 1 day can be missed).
Delivering Education & Training. UET 8
- Inclusive teaching and learning approaches.
- Evaluating own delivery practice.
- Understanding how technology can enhance teaching and learning.
Assessing Learners in Education and Training. UET 9
- Types and methods of assessment.
- Conducting and recording assessments in accordance with processes and requirements.
- Evaluating own assessment practice.
Managing Learning and Development in Groups. UV40767
- Planning and completing a class based on the teaching training cycle.
- Understanding the strengths and limitations of your own role.
- Motivating staff and students.
- Learning about grow models, risk assessments, tutor logs and schemes of work.
- Performing a micro-teach, and receiving an evaluation from your student.
Teaching in a Specialist Area. UET 12
Total: 33 Credits
- Theory lessons.
- Home assignments.
- Zoom virtual classes.
- Home study – research is a critical component of this course.
- Ongoing assessment.
- Practical teaching assessments.
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Teaching & Education which maps to Level 6 on the Irish QQI Framework.
For more details on the course visit; https://www.bronwynconroy.com/
For more information, or if you need help in booking on to this course, contact us at email@example.com or 071-9640438. Course must be fully paid for in advance of the start date.
***Payment plan available on this course. Contact us for more details.***