By Coogan Bergin Clinic and College.
A free online training course made available through the Skills Connect Programme.
Starts April 19th 2021.
8/9 months plus work experience.
Theory classes delivered online.
Practical classes take place in training facilities in Blackrock, Dublin.
Onsite training in a Spa, location of which is confirmed closer to the time.
FREE for successful applicants. (All learners must fully commit and engage with the programme).
Uniform, insurance and kit cost, totalling €500 must be covered by the student.
Eligibility criteria applies. See HERE to view the Skills Connect criteria, and below for course eligibility criteria.
No experience is necessary to apply for this course, however a basic understanding of biology would be an advantage. Candidates should be at least 18 years of age with a real interest in the area of Spa & Wellness. They should have a good manner and people skills, take pride in their appearance and be open in their general approach.
A pre-selection, online meeting will be organised in advance of the selection of the shortlisted candidates, and an individual, online interview will follow from this. Successful candidates will then be invited to attend the course.
You will need access to a computer and broadband in order to complete the course.
This programme will deliver highly trained and much sought-after certified Spa Therapists. These Spa Therapists will be fully trained with accredited competency skills to carry out the most sought-after treatments in the Spa Environment: Body Massage, Exfoliations & Wraps, Facials, Spa Manicure & Spa Pedicure, along with Indian Head Massage as a spa specific discipline.
Modules covered are;
- Body Massage.
- Body Exfoliations & Body Wraps.
- Water Therapies & Water Treatment for Pools.
- Facials including full Facial Massage.
- Spa Manicure & Spa Pedicure.
- Indian Head Massage.
- Health & Safety in the Salon/Spa.
Course Delivery and Examination
This course is delivered by combination of;
- Online theory classes on Zoom twice a week. 10.30am-12.30pm on Tuesdays and 7pm-9pm Thursdays.
- 1 day per week in person training to be confirmed in line with Public Health Guidelines.
- A minimum of 1 full week’s practical class to be agreed with learners.
- 40 hours of work experience in a Spa.
- A portfolio of work and case studies is required along with a paper on Health & Safety in the Salon/Spa Enviornment.
- Examinations will be scheduled for December 2021.
Upon successful completion of this course all learners will be able to take up employment within a Spa environment. They will be able to carry out a wide range of Spa treatments including Facials, Body Exfoliations, Body Massage, Body Wraps along with other specific Spa Treatments.
- CIBTAC Level 3 Diploma in Spa Therapy with Indian Head Massage.
- CIBTAC Level 2 Award in Facial Skincare.
About Coogan Bergin Clinic and College
Since it’s opening in 1982, Coogan Bergin College has built a reputation as Dublin’s premier College of Beauty Therapy. All of its students are trained to the highest standards with the very top International accreditations. The college works with the most up-to-date equipment and cutting edge products to ensure these high standards. With a pass rate of 98%, Coogan Bergin are dedicated to making everyone’s experience with them a positive and memorabe one.
As of April 18th at 11.30am
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS COURSE HAVE NOW CLOSED