- Level 4 VTCT in Teaching and Assessing
September 1, 2019 - December 1, 2019
10:30 am - 3:00 pm
By Fifth Grade Training.
Starting September 2019. Dates to be announced.
6 Sundays over 3 months. 10.30 – 4pm.
Along with private training dates to suit all trainees.
The Grafton Academy, 55 South King Street, Dublin 2.
Image Skillnet Member Price: €1501.50
Full price for non-Image Skillnet members: €1950
This course is suitable for senior stylists, barbers, and salon owners and managers who wish to become trainers and assessors.
Delivering education and training.
- Inclusive teaching and learning approaches.
- Evaluating own delivery practice.
- Understanding how technology can enhance teaching and learning.
Assessing learners in education and training.
- Types and methods of assessment.
- Conducting and recording assessments in accordance with processes and requirements.
- Evaluating own assessment practice.
Managing learning and development in groups.
- Plan and complete a class based on the teaching training cycle.
- Understand the strengths and limitations of your own role.
- How to motivate staff and students.
- Learn about grow models, risk assessments, tutor logs and schemes of work.
- Perform a micro-teach and receive evaluation from your students.
Occupational and vocational assessing – staff and students.
- Preparing and planning assessments.
- Judging, recording and liasing with internal and external staff for assessments.
- Assessing students with physical, literacy and language difficulties.
- Information on awarding organisations.
- Assess live students, observe exam assignments and mark their work.
Internally assuring the quality of assessment (IQA) knowledge.
- Context and principles of internal quality assurance.
- How to plan the IQA assessment.
- Techniques and criteria for monitoring the quality of assessment internally.
- Understanding the legal and good practice requirements of the IQA assessment.
On completion of the course, successful candidates will receive a VTCT Level 4 in Teaching and Assessing.
This maps to a Level 6 QQI on the National Framework. (Train the Trainer Level 6 with a full Assessor’s Award, and part of an IQA Award).
For more information, or if you need help in booking on to this course, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 071-9640438. Course must be fully paid for in advance of the start date.
Venue: The Grafton Academy