Level 3 Certificate In Barbering September
September 7, 2022 - November 23, 2022
11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
By Next Generation School of Barbering
Starts Wednesday September 7th
One day per week (Wednesday) for 12 weeks
Next Generation School Of Barbering, Garryowen Rd, Limerick City
Image Skillnet member price: €1050
Full price for non-Image Skillnet members: €1500
Experience is essential. A minimum requirement of a Level 2 Certificate in Barbering is required. Or the candidate may prove to have prior learning in either a barber shop or a hair salon to avail of this course.
The VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Barbering is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop practical skills to an advanced level through a variety of techniques in the following units;
- Creatively cutting men’s hair
- The intricate specialist work of cutting facial hair
Learners must also achieve the VTCT (ITEC) Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for Hairdressing and Barbering Services qualification.
Over the duration of 12 weeks, learners will be guided to graduate at an advanced level. The main topics covered include, health & safety, client consultation, scissor cuts, disconnected cuts, skin fading, and facial hair & beard trimming.
- Cutting techniques – classic and creative
- Scissor work – scissor over comb, texturising, layering
- Clipper work – clipper over comb
- Fading– zero-fades, 1-fades, 1.5-fades skin fades
- Beard and moustache trimming
- Advanced disconnected haircuts
- Style and finishing techniques
- Consultation skills
- Health & safety/risk assessments
Learners must have their own equipment;
- Foil shaver
As part of the Level 3 qualification, learners are required to produce a portfolio of evidence. A portfolio will confirm the knowledge, understanding and skills learnt. This may be in electronic or paper format.
Learners will also complete 6 practical observations and 3 paper assessments.
- VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Barbering
For more information on Next Generation School of Barbering go to https://nextgenbarbers.ie/
or if you need help in booking on to this course, contact us at email@example.com or 071-9640438.