By Kilkenny College of Beauty and Sports Therapy.
A free online training course made available through the Skills Connect Programme.
Starts April 2021.
Every Wednesday 6.30-9.30pm.
22 weeks plus work experience.
Theory classes delivered online.
Practical classes in Kilkenny College of Beauty and Sports Therapy, Kilkenny City.
FREE for successful applicants. (All learners must fully commit and engage with the programme).
Eligibility criteria applies. See HERE to view the Skills Connect criteria, and below for course eligibility criteria.
There is no previous experience required to do this course. However, the course may be most suited to people who have experience as a lash and brow technician, make-up artist, beautician, or a beginner nail technician in gel and acrylic with insufficient qualifications.
You will need access to a computer and broadband in order to complete the course.
This is the perfect course to get you started in a career of Nail Technology. The course covers all the necessary aspects to prepare you as a competent and highly skilled technician in Acrylic and Gel Nails. This course also gives you the underpinning knowledge and practical skills required to perform a manicure treatment. The course includes;
- Gel nails sculpting.
- Acrylic nail sculpting.
- Chemistry of nail products.
- Tip application.
- Form application.
- French gel build.
- French acrylic build.
- Structure of the nail.
- Nail diseases and disorders.
- Hygiene and safety.
- Covid infection control.
- Manicure practical treatments.
- Data control.
- Gel polish application.
- Contraindications to treatments.
Course Delivery and Examination
This course is delivered every Wednesday from 6.30-9.30pm by combination of;
- Theory lessons with a tutor via Zoom.
- Online self-directed theory lessons via a learning portal.
- Practical classes in The Kilkenny College of Beauty and Sports Therapy.
A portfolio of practical treatments is to be compiled by the learner in their own time on the direction and guidance of the tutor. Practice of the practical procedures is of paramount importance during training.
Practical and theory exams are required.
From this course you will learn how to;
- Competently perform a set of gel nails using forms or tips.
- Competently perform a set of acrylic nails using forms or tips.
- Competently perform a manicure with nail polish.
- Competently perform a gel polish.
- Perform treatments in a safe environment.
- Recognize contraindications and specific diseases and disorders of the hands and nails.
- Carry out sterilization of tools and your working environment.
- Perform treatments in a professional and ethical manner.
- ITEC Diploma in Nail Technology
- ABT Certificate in Gel Polish
- ITEC Certificate in Infection Control (COVID-19)
About Kilkenny College of Beauty and Sports Therapy
The Kilkenny College of Beauty and Sports Therapy first opened its doors in 1986 and is the longest established Beauty Therapy School in the South-East of Ireland. From the beginning, its students have achieved high rates of success in examinations – 100% pass rates are common with a high proportion of students achieving top grades each year. Many graduates now own their own salons, manage spas, work as sales reps, on cruise ships, or teach in the public and private sector.
The college offers a wide range of courses in the most up-to-date techniques and procedures in Beauty, Sports and Complementary Therapies. The college is spacious, bright and well equipped and provides an excellent learning environment. Situated in the heart of the beautiful and historic city of Kilkenny, the college is within walking distance of every part of the city.
As of April 20th at 11.30am
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS COURSE HAVE NOW CLOSED