- ITEC Level 4 Advanced Skincare with ITEC Level 3 Microdermabrasion - Dublin
October 7, 2019 - August 9, 2020
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- ITEC Level 4 Advanced Skincare with ITEC Level 3 icrodermabrasion - Cork
October 19, 2019 - August 15, 2020
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
By Bronwyn Conroy.
Monday October 7th in Dublin.
Saturday October 19th in Cork.
1 day per month over 10 months.
10 – 4pm.
The Bronwyn Conroy International Beauty Schools in Dublin and Cork.
Image Skillnet member price: €1956
Full price for non-Image Skillnet members: €2445
A recognised qualification and experience with Level 2 Facials, and a Level 3 in Anatomy & Physiology is also highly recommended. This may be completed before or during the course through Bronwyn Conroy’s online learning modules.
This course is the bridge between beauty/nursing and aesthetic treatments. It will combine, classroom theory, home research and study, laboratory style experiments, report writing, case study work, assignments and finally a practical and a theory exam.
The focus of the course is to enhance the knowledge and learning that therapists may already have, in order to allow them to progress to more advanced skin analysis. Combining this with ingredient knowledge and expertise, upon completion, the therapist will be able to design a full skin care treatment programme for any client.
The syllabus will include;
Dermatology and microbiology
- anatomical structures of the skin, nails and hair,
- functions of the skin, nails and hair,
- changes in the skin associated with ageing,
- skin types,
- signs and causes of infectious and non-infectious diseases and disorders,
- culturing of bacteria
Physiology of aging
- the characteristics and nature of aging,
- the causes and effects of aging of the skin,
- degenerative disorders of the skin,
- how beauty therapy treatments and products may delay the aging process of the skin
The Chemistry of hair and beauty products
- ingredients – effects and safe use,
- packaging materials,
- the properties and effects of ultaviolet radiation on hair and beauty products.
- College based practical lessons
- Theory lessons
- Client salon sessions
- Practical exam
- Theory – MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
- 5 case studies
- 1 assignment
- Portfolio of evidence
- ITEC Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Skincare
- ITEC Level 3 Certificate in Microdermabrasion
For more information, or if you need help in booking on to this course, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 071-9640438. Course must be fully paid for in advance of the start date.
***Payment plan available on this course. Contact us for more details.***