- ITEC Level 3 in Barbering.
June 24, 2019 - September 9, 2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
By Sharon Leavy.
Starting Monday June 24th 2019.
1 day per week for 12 weeks. 10am – 4pm.
The Sharon Leavy College of Hair and Beauty, Portlaoise.
Image Skillnet member price: €1925
Full price for non-Image Skillnet members: €2500
Price includes your working barbering kit.
Additionally, students must purchase their own insurance.
This course is suitable for both beginner barbers and hairdressers wishing to upskill into barbering. The student will be brought through ITEC levels 1, 2 and 3 resulting in an internationally recognised qualification in barbering.
Health and Safety.
- Increase your knowledge of health and safety and understand it’s importance in the salon.
- How to carry out a simple risk analysis.
- How to recognise a hazard and deal with it appropriately.
- Set up and follow safe and hygienic working practices for both yourself and your client.
- Develop the skill set required to provide an effective consultation and advisory service for your clients.
- How to identify the texture and condition of your client’s hair.
- How to make recommendations based on questioning, observation and test results.
- Develop the ability to shampoo hair correctly and provide correct customer care for clients.
- How to deal with influencing factors such as the client’s previous history of their hair, contraindications, skin and scalp disorders, lifestyle, and commitment to the service and cost involved, which will all impact on the service you suggest.
Cutting Men’s Facial Hair.
- How to create a variety of different looks for men using a variety of techniques such as clippers over comb, scissors over comb, freehand and contouring.
- Produce a variety of beard and moustache looks using these techniques, to suit your client’s face shape and hair growth pattern.
Cutting Men’s Hair.
- How to create a variety of different looks for men using a scissors, thinning scissors, detailer, clippers and attachments, club cutting, texturizing, tapering, blending, clippers over comb, freehand styling and finishing.
- Using these cutting techniques, you will demonstrate that you can produce a variety of graduated and uniform layered haircuts, with or without fringes and partings.
- You will also demonstrate that you can work on both curly and straight hair. Part of this service is to provide your client with great advice on aftercare and to recommend products for them to use.
- 4 written assessments – 1 on each module.
- 6 haircut assessments.
- 4 facial hair assessments (beards).
For more information, or if you need help in booking on to this course, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 071-9640438. Course must be fully paid for in advance of the start date.
***Payment plan available on this course. Contact us for more details.***