In-Salon Curl Education
January 31, 2022 - November 30, 2022
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
By Laura Murphy
Enquire with us at: email@example.com for available dates.
In your own salon.
Image Skillnet Member Price: €840
Full price for non-Image Skillnet members: €1200
Recent years have seen a huge increase in clients wanting to embrace their natural hair texture. Curly and wavy clients are looking to the professionals for how best to enhance, embrace and style their natural hair. Laura Murphy is a curly hair specialist with over 20 years’ experience in cutting curly hair. She has created this course on the fundamentals of natural hair texture focusing on product selection, application and styling, to help stylists become confident and comfortable around curly and coily hair.
Who Is This Course Suitable For?
This is an in-salon training day where Laura travels to your own salon to train your full team (up to a maximum of 10 trainees).
This course is an interactive look-and-learn class, where you will be encouraged to get up from your seat and get hands-on too.
On the course you will learn about:
- Consultations – the language we use to make sure every wavy/curly/coily client feels comfortable and confident in your chair.
- Managing client expectations and your own when working with natural texture.
- Back to the basin – how to shampoo and condition for maximum results on curly/coily hair.
- How to choose the correct type of styling products for each hair type.
- Styling techniques for natural hair. Tips and tricks for different hair types and for different results.
- Some of the do’s and don’ts when cutting curly/coily hair.
4 models of 4 different curl types (from loose to tight curls) will be needed on the day. Laura can help you source these models through your own and her social media accounts, in order to get the best variety.
About The Trainer
Laura Murphy is from Galway and is a stylist at Ritz Hair in Galway City. Laura trained with London curl expert Lindsey Hughes. Laura has trained and understands many different methods, and she has developed her own salon friendly tips and tricks for salon friendly times. Laura’s goal is for more salons to become more inclusive and not shy away from natural texture.
‘Not every salon needs a curly expert, but I want every salon to have the fundamentals of curly and coily hair, so that our industry becomes more inclusive’.
For more information, or if you need help in booking on to this course, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 071-9640438.
Course must be fully paid for in advance of the start date.