Hair, Scalp & Wig Therapy Training 2023
January 1, 2023 - December 31, 2023
12:00 AM - 11:55 PM
with Aileen Maher
Step 1 – Sunday, July 2nd OR Monday, July 3rd.
Step 2 – Sunday, July 30th OR Monday, July 31st.
1 day each
10am – 3pm (Lunch is included)
Ashbyrne Training, Lurg Lane, The Curragh, Co. Kildare, R56 E977
Image Skillnet Member Price per course: €70
Full price for non-Image Skillnet members: €100
STEP 1: Hair Thinning
On this course, you will learn everything there is to know about hair loss/bald spots. Treating a client with these issues can be tricky as there may be feelings of vulnerability. Here you will learn how to care for your client and how to ease them through this tough time. Topics covered include;
- Introduction to hair, scalp & wig therapy.
- Scalp Knowledge – why your client has oily/dry scalp, or hair loss.
- Wig Types – natural, synthetic and lace wigs.
- Treating Cancer Clients – cancer hair therapy and how to offer a bespoke wig service.
- Wig Fitting – how to fit your client’s wig, and how to order custom made wigs.
- T-Part Fitting – how to fit a T-Parting piece with a tapes system.
- Hair Contrast Clip System – how to fit a T-Parting piece with a clip system.
- Caring for a Client with a Bald Spot/Receding Hairline – using a New Me/Secret Spot to fix balding and receding hairlines.
- Alopecia Clients – treating and caring for alopecia.
- Treating and Fitting Pieces for Men – how to fit a piece on a balding gentleman.
- Hair Tape Extension – how to fit a hair tape extension properly.
- Where to Source your Starter Kits – become a credited hair contrast member.
- Access to Live Videos – from training courses.
STEP 2: Excessive Hair Loss
As you will have covered all the theory of hair loss in Step 1, this will be more of a practical day of fitting wigs and hair pieces. This will bring your skills to the next level, enabling you to offer bespoke hair loss services in;
- Excessive Hair Loss
- Bespoke Pieces
- Secret Spots
- Gents’ Pieces
About the Trainer
Aileen Maher is a professional hairdresser who ran her own salon for 25 years. Having completed her Teacher/Assessor & IQA Award, she is now a Teacher/Educator for Xpert Professional IRE. Aileen designed this course in order to teach other hairdressers and barbers everything there is to know about hair, scalp and wig therapy. Her aim is for all her trainees to be able to run successful scalp clinics, in which they will look after all types of hair loss and scalp issues in both men and woman. She is an expert in fitting wigs and hair pieces, and she teaches a gentle approach in caring for your clients, easing them through this tough experience.
For more information, or if you need help in booking on to this course, contact us at email@example.com or 071-9640438. Course must be fully paid for in advance of the start date.
Venue: Ashbyrne Training