- Blow Drying with Curls & Waves - Mary O'Flynn
March 23, 2020 - December 20, 2020
10:00 AM - 11:55 PM
By Mary O’Flynn of Exquisite Hair Education
2020 dates to be confirmed.
1 day, 10am – 4pm.
Hair & More Salon, Boyle, Co. Roscommon.
Image Skillnet member price: €113
Full price for non-Image Skillnet members: €150
All course attendees will be notified of any changes or postponements to Image Skillnet courses as a result of the Coronavirus outbreak.
This course is suitable for hairdressers who want to learn the skill of curly blow-drying, or those whom would like to improve on this skill to become competant on the salon floor. Students for this course must be at Improver level.
Doll’s heads will be provided on the day. Attendees are also invited to bring along their own model if they so wish.
All attendees will need to bring the following;
- Section Clips
- Various Round Brushes
- Blow Dryer
- Model, if desired. Doll’s head will be provided anyway.
Hands-on workshop on doll’s head and model (if you bring your own).
- Discussing the procedure.
- Explaining the importance of keeping hair damp before and during drying.
- Timing – ensuring the speed is to a commercial standard.
- Controling and directing the dryer with the direction of the hair cuticle.
- Preventing frizz.
- The importance of ensuring the hair is completely dry.
- Cooling prior to finishing the style – various methods.
- Discussing the range of round brushes and the effects created.
- Curling techniques when drying.
- Discussing and demonstrating the effects created from the different heated styling equipment to support the curly blow dry, should this be required. (Straighteners, curling tongs, heated velcro rollers, pin-ups).
- Styling and finishing products to support your blow drying.
- Dressing your finished style.
- Photographing your finished style for Facebook.
- Selling products and services to your client.
- Aftercare advice for your client.
For more information, or if you need help in booking on to this course, contact us at email@example.com or 071-9640438. Course must be fully paid for in advance of the start date.
Venue: Hair & More