- BAME/Afro Hairstyling Workshop
January 19, 2020
10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
By Charity of Charity’s Hair & Beauty, Dublin.
Sunday, January 19th 2020.
1 day, 10am – 4.30pm.
The Grafton Barber School of Excellence, Dublin 2.
Image Skillnet Member Price: €100
Full price for non-Image Skillnet members: €135
This 1-day course is aimed at upskilling hairstylists working with BAME hair (Black, Asian, Minority and Ethnic), focusing on Afro Hair. The class objective is to touch on all areas to give you some knowledge and skills to confidently approach someone with Afro hair. It is advised to follow up with practice and further in-depth training into the different areas of skill.
The course will cover the following:
- Relevant health & safety requirements
- Understanding & knowledge of Afro hair textures
- Understanding & knowledge of various Afro hairstyles
- How to wash, style, finish and maintain various Afro hairstyles and textures
- Talk and demo on heat styling & applications
- Demo and talk on cornrows, plaits and extensions
- Products and tools knowledge
- Basic etiquette / consultation advice to show hairdressers they have knowledge about Afro hair & styles
This will be facilitated by a combination of theory, demonstration and a practical session with live models.
All participants must bring their full kit. This is important as the tutor will be able to advise you on which products and tools in your specific kit are best for future use.
About the Trainer
Charity is a well know African Hairdresser with an established business in Moore Street Shopping Centre. For 20 years she has taught most of the Afro-Hairdressers in her area and is also well known to some of the hair designers from The Film Industry Hair Guild.
Venue: The Grafton Academy