By Coogan Bergin College of Beauty Therapy
Starting Sunday December 8th 2019.
6 days training;
December 8th & 9th 2019.
January 14th, 21st & 28th 2020.
February 3rd 2020.
Along with 5 days work placement.
Coogan Bergin College of Beauty Therapy,
6-8 Wicklow Street,
This course is open to most unemployed people and is FREE, subject to eligibility criteria. Please see link below for eligibility criteria.
If you are interested in applying for this course, you must first contact Sheila at Coogan Bergin College of Beauty on 01 6794387 to find out if you are eligible to take part.
This course is for those who already have a base qualification in Beauty (including facial electrics) from a recognised Examining Body. It would be of exceptional benefit to anyone who may have taken a career break and is now looking to re-enter employment as a therapist, but needs to re-train in some of the Advanced Therapies.
Whilst the course will have a theoretical element to it, the bulk of the course will be given over to practical work. Lots of hands-on time and individual supervision will allow learners gain full proficiency in each element of the course. Core skills in the area of Skin Analysis will be refreshed and updated as these are key components in maximising beneficial outcomes for the client.
Revision of the following topics:
- Anatomy & physiology of the head, face and neck.
- Skin structures and function.
- Skin types & conditions.
- Skin diseases.
- Skin analysis.
- Product prescriptions and selling skills.
- Health & hygiene.
- Electrical treatments to the face and neck.
Core course topics to be covered:
- Microdermabrasion treatments.
- Ultrasound treatments – sound vibrations & sequential ultrasound.
- Radio-frequency treatments.
- Creation of customised treatment plans.
- Contra-indications to treatment.
- Treatment indications.
- Setting current parameters.
- Correct implementation of all treatment aspects.
- Documentation of treatment & outcomes.
- Client consultation and communication skills.
- Aftercare and advice for clients.
- Hygiene practices throughout treatment.
- Machine/facility preparation and hygienic and safe storage of materials/products.